Edit: First, let me feign some philospohy..
It's not easy to come to terms with 'end' - whether it be as drastic as death or as mild as your favourite show on television wrapping up. But what ever the end may be, one thing for certain, is we've got to accept it and move on.

Edit: And now for the whining..
Now, somewhere in the wide spectrum of 'ends' lies my experience of the last three months. It is not easy to come to terms with not waking in a small cell labeled '416' in Godavari Hostel. Although it has been almost three months since I left campus, I've never felt like I was leaving IITM.

However, IIT does it's bit to drive the point home. The first nail in the coffin came in the form of a forwarded mail (from one of my classmates) which went along the lines of (and I quote) :

Guys,
If you are not of the habit of reading notice boards, here are a couple of important notices.
1) We have to register for summer mess before 18th April. Last year junta who didn't opt for vacation mess were later on forced to pay the money. So, better register and avoid paying double the cost. Last date for registration with fine is 26th april.
2) We are supposed to vacate the hostels by May 15th under normal circumstances. If we get an extension, we have to get letter signed by HOD and warden for extended period of stay. Else, after 15th May, we will be forced to pay rent at Rs.125/- per day.
Is there any other important thing which I have missed out? Junta, please add. There seems to be no online version of such notices. This thread can probably used later on for reference.


Whoa! Paying to stay in my own room! I had never ever considered shelling out a penny to CCW for staying in my room till now, and suddenly it's more than a hundred bucks a day! And, what's with this extension business? The first hint that we must leave, I suppose...

And then one morning, I open my mailbox to find this -

BAM! What? No more smail? How can I not log in to check smail every morning! After all, I had even made a special label for it. And now all of a suddent, we're on alumni mail? ALUMNI MAIL? WTF! I didn't even know something like that existed. The second nail in the coffin had been well and truly driven in, and in style too (a new email address and one more password to remember).

And the final nail in the coffin, is when you get a mail from your friend directing you to something like this -


Well, I suppose it's < /iit > ... < alumnihood > for us now..